that's a long time!
|1978 Foreign Legion at Kolwezi|
Indeed it is and my employers has seen fit to recognise my longevity. Not with a gold watch thankfully but with a small gift of my choosing. I have chosen widely and gone for.....
I chose this after reading Norm's insightful review on his blog. I'm really pleased with this game, the components are fantastic and there are only 5 pages of rules. The only problem is that the really nice maps have been folded by an origami fan so they look like concertinas. I may have to iron them!
I also got.....
A really neat little solitaire game.
Although that is 40 years down, I still have five to go. Plenty of time to stock up things to play in my old age!
In other news......
Albuera: I see that White Dog are nearing publication for Dave Kershaw's Albuera game. Nice one!
One Minute Che Guevara: I think this is brilliant, the 1967 Bolivian campaign in one minute. Another genius nano game from Pete Belli.
You can find it here.
With my son's help I'm going to try to sell some of my old games on e-bay. I'm not sure what the market is like these days for old stuff. I'm hopeful I can get some funds together for some small investments in new games for the future. There is some interesting stuff on my for sale list....
- Blood and Thunder by GDW (this was originally second hand but in reasonable nick). The First Battles system applied to the Eastern Front.
- Four of the S&T Central Front series: North German Plain, BAOR, Fifth Corps, Donau Front. All pretty much mint with the magazines, only NGP is punched.
- C3i magazines with inserts, Issue 1, Vol 1 #2, Vol 1 #3. covering Hornet Leader, Arctic Storm and Korea 1995.
- A whole bunch of Command magazines with games: When Tigers Fight, Proud Monster, They Fought Like Lions, Vietnam: Hamburger Hill and Op. Solace, Tet 68, Czechoslovakia 1938, Inchon, Krim all unpunched.
- An lastly a copy of Johnny Reb III rules.
...but I'm not sure if there will be any takers. It will take a while to get these on, perhaps over the Easter holidays, so if anyone has any interest in advance of that please drop me a comment, any offers considered.